Friday, October 21, 2011

Quick 5

What. A. Week.

1.  At the end of last week, we had have my car towed into the shop.  Again.  The emergency brake locked up, and we couldn't get it to disengage.  That is an expensive fix, let me tell you.  The worst part about all this car trouble that we've been having lately, is that I no longer trust our cars.  Before I leave the house I check and double check to make sure I have my cell phone and the diaper bag, just in case we're going to be stuck somewhere.  Not really a fun way to live.

2.  On Monday, I took Joya in for her one-year check up.  Everything is in perfect order.  And I'm terrible about getting numbers, but I can tell you that she is very tall.  She's in the 90th percentile for height.  But we all knew this.  At that visit, Joya got two shots, and Alaina and I each got our flu shot.  It was the first time since Alaina was tiny that she cried at getting a shot.  It was sad.  I expected Joya to cry, and she did, but not Alaina. 

3.  As a result of the shots, Joya had a fever Monday night.  I heard her whimpering, and simply thought she was cold.  She refuses to sleep under a blanket, so she sometimes wakes up cold.  I ignored it, but then heard her whimpering an hour later.  I got out of bed to go cover her up, and while she was uncovered, she was on fire.  I quickly gave her some baby tylenol, and then tried to go back to sleep.  She was still whimpering 45 minutes later, so I picked her up and held her for awhile.  I felt her fever brake, then put her back to bed.  She still whimpered off and on for the rest of the night, but she didn't have a fever again.  Even though it was 3:00 in the morning, I actually loved holding her.  She doesn't really snuggle often; she's too busy for that.  But at 3:00 in the morning with a fever, she was tired and didn't feel good, so she laid still on my shoulder and let me just rub her back.  I was sad she wasn't feeling well, but I really enjoyed that snuggle time.

4.  Here's a fun comparison:
Alaina's First Birthday
Joya's First Birthday
 5.  Joya is finally, officially pulling herself up on everything.  It is so cute to see her standing.  I still don't have high expectations of her walking soon, since Alaina didn't walk until she was 15 months old, but she could surprise me. 

Well, we have another weekend of gorgeous weather coming up.  Hope it's gorgeous where you are too.

No comments: