Friday, January 20, 2012

Quick 5

I love that every other week or so we get a 60 degree day so I can open the windows and let all the wintry, germy air out.

1.  A week or so ago I ordered a temporal artery thermometer.  You know, the kind that sweep across the forehead.  I've already taken Joya's temperature about 20 times more than I ever did for Alaina, and I'm just anticipating that it might be a good investment.  It was a good deal, so I did it.  It came on Monday, and as I was playing around with it, I took my temp for fun.  Turned out I had a fever of 102.  Guess that's why I felt so terrible on Monday.

2.  For posterity: Alaina has a great new joke.  It goes like this:
Alaina: How do ducks fly?
Me: I don't know.
Alaina: They just wing it!
It really does make me laugh every time.

3.  Tomorrow Joya will be 15 months and 1 week old.  That is exactly how old Alaina was when she started walking.  Joya is getting close, but I'm not sure that tomorrow is the day.  She likes to stand and all, but walking doesn't seem that important to her.  I'm ready for her to start walking; the girl needs to start carrying her own weight around here.  She's getting heavy.

4.  Today I am going to look at some houses with our realtor.  We are this close to being able to put an offer on a house, and it's time to start looking around.  However, our realtor told me that inventory is super low right now, and that Denver has one of the lowest inventories in the country.  Not exactly encouraging to me.  I suppose I'm going to have to learn when to hold out for something I know will be better, and when to suck it up and pick something because those are simply my choices.

5.  I don't have much else to say.  The rest of my brain power this week has been sucked up by my latest controversial book review and all the responses it's garnered, both on my blog and on the review I posted on Amazon.  I've been called "disingenuous," "unfair," "biased," and accused of having no compassion or empathy.  It's been fun.

No comments: