Friday, December 21, 2012

Quick 5

I'm a little confused about this whole end-of-the-world thing.  Are we supposed to be worried today?  Or is tomorrow just never supposed to come?  If we woke up this morning, are we safe?  Or could everything just go to pot sometime during the day? 

1.  Lee's company Christmas party was fun.  It was the first time either of us had been to Sports Authority Field, and that place is pretty swanky.  We ate and then went on a tour of the stadium.  The tour was only supposed to last 30 minutes, but ours lasted about an hour because the gal taking us around let us take our time looking at things. We got to see a box, go on the field, see the visitor's locker room and one of the fridges where they keep the beer kegs.  We were not allowed within 100 feet of the Broncos' locker room, but whatever.  I could not get over how much money people spend on going to the games.  And not even the regular people who sit in the regular seats.  There are people who drop some serious coinage on the handful of home games each year.  It boggles my mind.
Us on the field NOT stepping on the grass. 

2.  Most every morning, the girls and I listen to the Mind Bender on the radio during breakfast.  It's a trivia contest that one of the stations does here in town, and it's fun.  One of the questions this week was: When asked to name the worst food that could be served at Christmas, people chose 'liver' as the #1 answer. What was #2?  We always like to guess, and Alaina shouted out "Turkey!"  I said, "No, you need to try and think of something gross.  What's the yuckiest food you can think of?"  She thought, then shuddered and said, "UGH.  Grilled chicken."  Who knew?

3.  On our snowy day this week I dropped the girls off at our friends' and spent the day Christmas shopping.  I know it's getting late, but we had those nine days or so when the girls were sick, so that kind of threw everything off.  Anyway, it was great to get it done, especially without the girls, but it about killed me.  Not the driving in the snow; that actually wasn't so bad.  Apparently I'm just a big fat slug when I'm pregnant, so the getting in and out of the car and walking all over stores made it seem like I was trying to climb my first fourteen-er or something.  By the third hour I was walking really slow through the stores, annoying all the other Christmas shoppers that day.  

4.  Speaking of shopping, I'm the worst when it comes to picking out presents for the girls.  Joya is a little easier, because she seems to play a bit more than Alaina does.  Alaina likes to watch movies.  And TV.  But she's not hard core into anything, like princesses or even a certain TV show, so I can't even use that as a starting point.  So far Christmases and birthdays have been really hard.  I keep hoping she'll grow out of it and will one day start telling me what she wants.  It'll make my life much easier.

5.  This year is Christmas with my family.  Over Thanksgiving, my mother-in-law mentioned something about us having three two-year-olds running around at the Marsh family Christmas.  I have no idea why this never occurred to me, but it's true.  This could be the loudest, most unpleasant Christmas ever.  We'll need to document it very closely so we can hang it over their heads for years to come.

Merry Christmas, all!  God is with us.  :)

1 comment:

Stef said...

I swear we live simultaneous lives. Last year I had all my shopping done before Tucker was born, but I literally shopped the day before he was born. I was a HOT MESS. At one point I caught my reflection in a store mirror and I had a coffee stain on my sweater, which did not cover my belly so this awful oversized tank was sticking out several inches and not in athe cute fashionable way. I remember feeling like I should win an award for just parking and going into one store! It really is awful. It will be "worth it". Hang in there, all the way around. Remember that the end of pregnancy God makes so miserable that even delivery sounds like a good idea.
Love,
Stef
PS Loved your card!