Friday, July 12, 2013

Quick 5

1.  I had hoped to get this picture in last week's Quick 5, but the picture didn't happen until Saturday, right before Gramma and Grampa left.  So here you go.
2.  Every morning Bria swings in her swing while we eat breakfast.  She usually falls asleep, and then I just put her in her bed.  It's a lovely morning routine.
Sleeping with a death grip on her star
3.  The biggest news of the week is probably the shift of Bria's schedule.  Since we're schedule people, this was a really big deal for us.  I switched Bria from a 3 hour to a 4 hour feeding schedule.  She handled that like a champ.  There were no tears of hunger at all, which tells me I probably could have done this a couple of weeks ago.  Changing up the feeding schedule meant changing up her napping schedule.  She had been taking four naps a day.  Now she's down to three: a two-hour morning nap, a three-hour afternoon nap, and a 30-45 minute dinner time nap.  The napping thing was a bit harder to adjust to, and by harder I mean it took her a WHOLE DAY to adjust.  That's it.  So now my girls are all in rest time/nap time from 1:00 to 2:00 (Alaina's down from 1:00 to 2:00, Joya's down from 12:30 to 2:00, and Bria's down from 12:00 to 3:00).  So I now have a full hour of kid free time each day.  It's weird.

4.  The Great Tribulation is going relatively well around here.  Joya has her good days and bad days, but the good days seem to be happening a bit more frequently.  I am always surprised and delighted when she tells me she has to go, then actually GOES in the potty.  We're also doing great at weaning off the jelly bean reward.  Mostly she asks if she can have a jelly bean the minute she uses the potty, and I say yes, then we clean up and she forgets about it.  Maybe she just really likes the idea of the jelly bean, and doesn't need the actual jelly bean to feel rewarded.  We'll go with that.

5.  Today is one of our favorite days of the year: Cow Appreciation Day.  We missed it last year because we were in Alaska, but the Kimble family will be appearing at Chick-fil-a in all our cow glory for free food tonight.  Pictures to come.

So there you go.

No comments: