Friday, August 9, 2013

Quick 5

Well, we didn't get the 1 to 2 inches of rain that they were saying we would get this week.  I feel cheated.

1.  Alaina is enrolled, registered, uniformed and supplied for kindergarten.  We went to registration this week where she had her very first school picture taken.  And she was irrationally nervous about it.  I had to handle a few crying sessions about it.  I still don't really know what the problem was; something about not knowing what the photographer was going to look like.  But when it came down to it, she did great.  Her smile was a little forced, but her picture definitely looks like her.  I'm so excited to start the traditional School Picture Wall. 

2.  Sometimes Alaina also gets nervous about school in general.  She keeps saying she'll be too shy to be around her friends at school. Then we went to the park yesterday, and a herd of daycare-type kids showed up.  Before they even got to the playground equipment, Alaina was shouting, "Hi kids!  Do you want to play choo-choo train?  Do you like my shirt?  I took my school picture today!"  Yeah, right...shy.

3.  The Great Tribulation that is potty training has taken a turn I never saw coming.  Joya is 99% reliably dry these days, even at night (which is amazing, since it took Alaina until this year to be ready for that.)  But I've noticed that while she is dry, she also refuses to go potty often.  Which means she holds it for hours on end.  Sometimes I remember and make her go, sometimes I realize that she hasn't gone in three hours or so.  I hope I'm not damaging her physically or anything.

4.  What's Bria up to these days?  Passing toys from hand to hand, which is a milestone, and finding her feet.  She likes to grab her feet, but hasn't figured out how to put them in her mouth yet.  She's also starting to get really offended if we leave her laying down or reclined for too long.  She thinks she needs to sit up like a big girl; never mind that she hasn't mastered that skill yet.  Enter: Bumbo.

5.  And here are my lovely ladies:



Happy weekend, all!

No comments: