Friday, February 14, 2014

Quick 5

Ah, Valentine's Day.  The only day of the year I can let my love of pink run wild and free, without restraint.

1.  I've learned something new about myself this week.  Apparently I like the winter Olympics much  more than I do the summer Olympics.  I enjoy watching a majority of these events, whereas in the summer I'm really only interested in swimming and beach volleyball.  Maybe gymnastics.  But when we turn on the TV during the summer Olympics we always end up seeing something boring, like water polo.  Or rowing.  But whenever I turn on the TV now, I'm always interested in seeing whatever is on.  It figures.  I know the summer Olympics are generally more popular, but when have I ever liked or did the thing that was more popular?  I've never been one to be "in."

2.  My little Bria turns one next week, and she has brought out the baby-of-the-family-clown in full force.  She is now doing things simply because she knows it makes me laugh.  Like Downward Dog.  She'll catch my eye, crawl away and then do the Downward Dog because it makes me laugh every time.  She also loves it when her sisters join in.  I'm probably going to have to cultivate this level of influence before it gets out of hand.
3.  She also has developed what we call the Stink Face.  Sometimes she'll come over to me, put her hand on my leg to get my attention, and as soon as I look at her she'll give me the Stink Face.  Yes, I give it back.  Every time.
4. Today is Alaina's class Valentine's party.  I had so much fun helping her with her valentines.  They were sent home a white bag to decorate, so Alaina took care of that.  She wrote all the names on the valentines, and I put the tattoos in.  Yes, we are That Family that didn't give out candy, but maybe someday we'll be able to spend the extra dollars to give them the good stuff.  Alaina didn't seem to mind.  I can't wait to see what she comes home with.

5.  Tonight is my favorite Kimble Family Valentine's Day Tradition: Heart Pizza.  I've The girls have been looking forward to this for weeks.  :)

Happy Valentine's Day, all!  Hope you all embrace all the pink, heart, happy that's flying around.


No comments: