Friday, August 29, 2014

Quick 5

Is it just me or are the mornings getting quite cool around here?

1.  Not much to report.  We've been settling into our school routine, which has been going quite nicely.  Next week we'll add the layer that involves taking all the girls to school for drop off and pick up.  We've been able to skip that part because Lee has been working from home most of the time, but he says he needs to be in the office all next week.  I knew this day was coming. We'll manage.

2.  Joya actually loves staying home with Daddy while I run Alaina to school.  It surprises me, because she usually doesn't like being left out of anything.  Bria puts up a fuss so I take her with us, but Joya likes to stay home and color in peace.

3.  Speaking of Joya, if anyone needs a birthday present idea for her, you can't go wrong with a princess dress.  This one has been loved and loved and loved and I'm quite shocked it's still holding together.  She likes to wear it out and about on our errands and most of the comments from other people involve, "Oh, that must be a favorite!"

4.  Last Friday was Bria's 18 month well check up.  Our good doctor said that it is at this age that you can get a good idea of how tall they are going to be as adults.  It's not an exact science, but you can basically double what height they are between 18 and 24 months and get a good ball park figure. Based on this info, Bria will land between 5' 7" and 5' 9".  I'm 5' 4".  She's going to be a giant.  Our old pediatrician was laid back (so was I) so I don't really have a good record of how tall Alaina and Joya were at this age, but I expect Joya to be somewhere up there with her, and Alaina to probably be the shortest.  I'm preparing in my heart to be looked down upon by all my children.

5.  My project of the week has been these puppies:
 Another Pinterest success, if I do say so myself.  They're tooth fairy pillows, in case you couldn't tell. Alaina is probably another month or two away from needing it, but she does have a loose tooth. And since I was going through all the trouble of making one, I thought I might as well make three.  And I got to buy a fat quarter bundle, which is one of the funnest things on the planet to buy.  The girls like them, but I don't think they are quite as impressed as I am.  Oh well.



No comments: