Friday, October 30, 2015

Quick 5

Blech.

1. Last Friday night at 10:00pm, Bria threw up. Then again and again. Why do they always throw up at night? Whatever. We dealt with it. I washed my hands like a crazy person. Then Saturday afternoon I went to a friend's house to set up a baby shower she and I had planned together. I didn't feel great. Then the second the guests walked in the door, I knew I had to LEAVE. Right then. (I made it home.) Thankfully Bria and I were the only ones to succumb. I credit the crazy trick of forcing my family to drink grape juice like crazy. (You can look it up on Pinterest. It's a thing.)

2. I think it's time for me to suck it up and admit how much I like fall. I've always hesistated to say it's my favorite, because it seems the whole world likes it best, and I generally don't like to do things that everyone else is doing (please ignore my skinny jeans and riding boots.) But I am really enjoying the season this year. The colors are so amazing and I love the cool air after a hot summer. It's my favorite. Just like everyone else's. So what? There are only four seasons to choose from. Winter is just no, spring is usually too cold and summer is too hot. So there you go.

3. The girls beg their dad every day to make a leaf pile for them. We finally had enough to do it this week. Joy ensued.
Alaina got some leaves in her underwear.
See?

 4. It has been: 0 days since we've had to go to urgent care because a child stuck something up her nose.

Last night Joya earned us a bedtime trip to urgent care because she stuck some kind of bead thing up her nose and couldn't get it out. It was pretty tiny, but too big just to blow out. So when she should have been going to bed, we were driving to urgent care instead. And we had to wait a good hour for a doctor to come in with this cool syringe that blew a bubble and popped the thing out to come. (That part took about two minutes.) I guess kids don't know what they don't know, right? I mean, even if you tell them, they don't know until they try it themselves. I think there is a Bible verse about what a person is who doesn't heed the wisdom of others...

5. Today Alaina's school is having their Fall parties, and all the kids dressed up. Alaina wore her black school shirt and black pants and black socks. She's a ninja, in case you were wondering. I tried to talk her into wearing an apron her Aunt Jamie made her, with some jeans and t-shirt to be an artist. But she insisted on the faded black pants. Sigh.

Goodbye October.




No comments: