Thursday, July 8, 2010

Big Girl Bed Adventures


Well, we've made the switch. Last night we put Alaina in her big girl bed for the first time. We set up the bed on Monday and put her new bedspread on it, which she loved. It's covered in flowers and butterflies, and she calls it "beautiful." Then on Wednesday we put up the bed rail, so Wednesday night was the first night for the new bed.

She did great. I'm pretty sure she has no idea that she could get out of bed if she wanted to. She stayed in it all night and I got her out of it when she woke up this morning. She is currently napping in the bed and has made no moves to get up either. I am okay with this.

I know this is a big milestone, and I can't believe how ready she was for it. Does this mean she'll be as ready when we start potty training in the next couple of weeks? (That is, if I can work up the courage.) She has surprised me about a lot of things in her little life. Time will tell.

No comments: