Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Joya's First Joke and Alaina's Latest Grievances

One of my favorite thing about watching babies become little people is seeing their humor develop.  I'm pretty sure that just shy of 6 months, Joya already has a joke.  It mostly happens when I first get her out of bed in the morning.  She's usually pretty hungry (even though she still wakes up between 3:00 and 4:00 often, but that's a topic for another time).  She knows she's getting breakfast.  So she'll grab my head and shove my chin in her mouth and start sucking away.  Then she pulls away with a big grin and wriggles in delight.  I think she's being silly; she knows breakfast doesn't come from my chin.  And she knows it always makes me laugh.  I love it.

Alaina has a serious issue with someone: the garbage collector.  Every Tuesday she sees our garbage can sitting out on the curb.  Later in the day, when there is no longer trash in it, she wails, "Oh no!  My trash!  Give it back!"  Even though I tell her that the garbage man is supposed to take the trash, and that it's smelly and gross, she still is very upset to see it gone.

Silly babies.

No comments: