Friday, April 1, 2011

Quick 5

Don't worry.  I'm not feeling witty enough for any April Fool's Day jokes.  Everything in today's blog will be 100% accurate and true, just like every other day.

1.  Part One of The Great Return to Worship Team went great.  Practice was on Tuesday night, from 6:30-9:00.  I did have to take a 15 minute break to go and feed Joya, but Kelvin was most gracious about that.  And Joya did great in the nursery.  I had no idea how she'd do, since she is usually in bed by 7:30.  And on Tuesday nights there is no infant nursery: all the kids, birth to 11 or 12 are usually in the same room.  The fine nursery ladies just dragged a swing in for Joya and she spent the evening in it, watching all the kids play.  She didn't fall asleep at all since there was too much activity, but I'm okay with that.  Just as long as she didn't spend the whole time screaming for them.  The next great test is Sunday morning, when we will be at the church from 6:45 to 12:30.  We'll see how it goes.

2.  I've been playing the violin for church off and on for a couple of years now.  I usually just practice the music for the upcoming service.  However, an added benefit of our recent move was the unearthing of my box of violin books.  These are books I got years and years ago when I was taking lessons.  I'm so excited to have them again, because as I try and hone my craft a bit it is nice to have some other things to play.  I'm even excited about the boring technique books.  I've started playing through the most basic ones I have and I'd like to work back up to where I was when I stopped taking lessons.  Anyway, in the current book I'm playing through my teacher wrote the date above each piece that marked the week I was to work on that particular one. All the dates so far have been January to May of 1994.  That was 17 years ago.  17.  As in, before my brother was even born.

3.  This whole winter, I've had the worst time trying to keep socks on Joya's feet.  They all just come off as she kicks around.  Now I'm having an equally hard time keeping socks on Alaina's feet.  She pulls them off.  All the time.  She likes to "be barefoot."  So the other day I painted her toenails for the first time ever.  Thank goodness sandal season is just around the corner.

4.  Yesterday we went to the Colorado Mills Mall with my mom.  It was fun to get out of the house and shop.  And Alaina got to ride the carousel with Grammy.  It was the highlight of her week.



5.  There is a question that Alaina asks every day, several times a day.  The first time she asks it is when she first wakes up.  I'm not joking.  I go into her room and she's laying in bed, all rumpled from the night and this question pops out of her mouth.  She'll ask it several more times throughout the day.  And she'll even ask it right before bed, in anticipation of the next day.  The question is this: "What we having for dinner?"

Happy Spring!

No comments: