Friday, May 20, 2011

Quick 5

Slow week makes for a slow quick 5.

1.  I took Alaina to get a haircut this week.  For the first time ever, we went to the "big people" haircut place, aka Great Clips.  Until now I've been taking her to the uber-expensive place for kids, but I thought she was old enough to get her hair cut in a chair rather than a fire engine.  She did very well.  And loved the sucker that she got at the end.

2.  Joya has slept from 7:30 to 7:00 two nights in the last week.  AND she rediscovered her paci.  She grabs it and puts it in her mouth as soon as I lay her down in bed.  It has been truly wonderful.

3.  Joya has also discovered the art of rolling.  She rolls all over the room, and prefers to be on the floor rolling to playing in the exersaucer.  I can't just put her on the blanket on the floor and go and cook dinner anymore.  She needs way more supervision.  I see baby gates in our near future.

4.  Only two weeks until Alaina's birthday!  Now when I ask her what she wants she says "Cake and toys."  That trip to Toys R Us left a lasting impression.

5.  I am loving all the rain we've had.  We've also experience quite a few thunder booms, which apparently is new to Alaina.  Last spring/summer was so dry, that I'm not surprised she doesn't remember thunder.  Just yesterday we had quite a loud clap, and she covered her ears and started to whimper.  I hope she makes friends with the thunder the way I have. 

Sorry this is so paltry.  Maybe next week will pick up a bit.

No comments: