Friday, September 30, 2011

Quick 5

It's hard to believe it's the end of September already, mostly because the temperature around here spiked up and has stayed in the upper 80s for the past week.  But it's true.

1.  My biggest and best accomplishment this week has been completing the Names Project.  I saw this idea on Pinterest, and that very week found letters on sale at Hobby Lobby for $1.50 each.  Putting up your children's names is pretty popular these days, and I've always wanted to do it.  I finally made it happen and I love how it turned out.  I am really proud of myself for seeing an idea I liked and carrying out to completion.  And as an added bonus, it took Alaina all of one day to finally learn to confidently spell her own name.


2.  My grandparents came into town last week, and we were able to spend some time with them on Saturday.  Always fun to see them; Alaina talks about "GGma and GGpa" often.  Asking if they have white hair, and things like that.

3.  Alaina has discovered knock-knock jokes.  The problem is I can never think of any.  So we have three that we say over and over and over...  Alaina likes to start by either telling me that she'll say "knock knock," or instructing me to say "knock knock" so she can say "who's there." 

4.  Yesterday we went to Lee's work and had a picnic lunch.  He's been saying for months that we should do it, and it's always been a good idea, but I just didn't make it happen until this week.  He's been talking about how nice the grounds are, and they truly are.  The thing is, I always thought he was talking about eating in the courtyard by his building.  It's a very nice courtyard, with a waterfall and shady walk way.  But he meant the pond, which is right next to his building.  It's a very cool park, with a "castle" that had a picnic table right inside.  Makes me wish we had gone there more often through the summer. 
Daddy and Alaina
Eating inside the "castle"
The "castle"...I think it's actually a really old building of some sort.  Very cool.
Daddy and Alaina looking at the creek
How Joya looked for most of the picnic.  She has been SO CRABBY lately.
If Alaina is running around outside, then she probably has a stick in her hand.
Alaina posing with the statue.  There are several statues around this cool park.
 5.  I guess there's no getting around talking about this.  Perhaps the biggest thing in our lives right now is the fact that we've again decided to take steps toward buying a house.  We were hoping to get out of school debt before taking on mortgage debt, but we can't ignore how low the rates are right now.  They won't stay that way forever.  So we're diving into that world.  This week we had a meeting with a mortgage counselor and are now just waiting to be approved.  It is both very exciting and fills me with anxiety at the same time.  I hope it turns out well.

That's a wrap.  See you next week!

No comments: