Friday, August 17, 2012

Quick 5

Happy Friday, everyone.  Happy Friday indeed.

1.  Last weekend was so refreshing.  I got to chat with friends in person.  I got to eat at restaurants without asking for high chairs and kid menus.  I got to paint pottery.  I got to eat at Blue Parrot.  I can't say how honored I am that my dear friend Becky flew all the way out here just to spend the weekend with me.  Such a good time.  Lee seemed to manage okay with the girls too.  I even found this little gem on our camera, which suggests that Daddy had a special dinner in mind for the girls:





2.  The other day Alaina called for me to hurry to the bathroom.  When I got there, she insisted that I take a picture, because apparently she discovered a fantastic new pose:
That was it.  That was all she wanted.

3.  Joya made a big step this week.  She has officially graduated from the high chair to a booster chair at the table.  I'm pretty sure I moved Alaina at a much younger age, but it was so easy just to keep Joya in the high chair.  So basically I buckled down and finally bought another for her.  She handled it like such a champ that I'm feeling kind of bad that I didn't do it a few months ago.

4.  And just because, here are my two little girls eating snack together:
Guess Alaina has been giving Joya posing lessons.



5.  Yesterday I was playing a silly game on the computer (Bubble Safari, anyone?) and I was stuck.  I asked Alaina if she had any ideas on how I could beat the level and she said no.  Then she said, "But I know who the smartest man in the world is." 

"Oh really?"  I replied.  "Who?"

"Uncle Josh," she said.  "We should ask him."

So, Josh, any ideas on how to beat level 95 in Bubble Safari?


Fall IS coming, people.  Do not be dismayed.

No comments: