Friday, March 8, 2013

Quick 5 - We're Still Alive

Life moves on.

1.  There are a couple of details I want to remember about Bria's birth that I didn't put in her birth story:
* I watched Return to Me and The Wedding Planner while laboring that morning.  Lee played Angry Birds on my Kindle.  That's how relaxing the whole experience was.
* Once again I had a paramedic-in-training in the room to observe the whole thing.  His name was Neil, and he was there all morning with us (well, following around Laurie, my L&D nurse.)  He was very nice and very helpful; he even brought me ice chips when I ran out. 
* It started to snow shortly after Bria was born.  I feel like this is significant, since it had hardly snowed all winter up until that point. 

2.  There was a snowstorm the Sunday after we came home from the hospital.  Lee had been thinking about going to church that morning, but decided to stay home instead.  (Which turned out to be a great decision, since our church ended up cancelling the service he would have gone to.)  So he and the girls went out and played in the snow.  It was the first time Joya had gotten to play.  They had fun.  I took pictures from the window.

3.  The girls love their sister.  Although mostly they ignore her, because she's usually either eating or sleeping.  They can only look at her for so long before getting bored.  I can't wait until she starts smiling at them; they might hang around a bit more.

 4.  Just a little glimpse into what our house has looked like the past couple of weeks:
Mom on the couch; toys on the floor; Joya's pants around her ankles
 5.  Bria had her two-week check-up yesterday.  She's gained a full pound since they saw her last.  She's in the 90th percentile for height and 50th for weight, just like her sisters always were.  The doctor was most impressed with her weight, though.  I guess gaining a full pound in a little less than two weeks is remarkable.  Bria celebrated the weight thing by choosing to be awake and crying between 1:00 and 2:30am.

A big shout-out to everyone who brought us food these past couple of weeks.  SUCH a blessing.  Now I have to figure out how to cook dinner for my family while taking care of a late-afternoon fussy baby.  We might be eating pot pies for a couple of weeks.


No comments: