Friday, March 22, 2013

Quick 5


Welcome, Spring!  Where have you been all my life?

1.  We finally made it to church!  And it was just as fun to show off Bria as we thought it would be.  It helps that everyone seemed to have a vested interest in Bria's outcome, since my role as nursery director made it possible for everyone to watch me grow more and more uncomfortable each week.  90% of the people who saw her said the same thing: "She looks JUST like her sisters!"  It's true.  She does.  So, for fun, I thought we'd do a little comparison here.  (Side note: I know I have a picture of Alaina's first bath at home somewhere.  But I can't find it.  So her hospital picture will have to do.)
Alaina
Joya
Bria 
Joya and Bria look near identical in these pictures to me, but when Bria is sleeping, she looks just like that picture of Alaina.  

2.  And here's another fun comparison:
Avery & Alaina, August 2008        
Alaina & Avery, March 2013
 3.  Lee took this past Monday off and was able to check another one of our To Dos off our list: painting my bathroom.  It was this really ugly shade of brown.  To make things simple, we picked an off-white color, just to get it done.  I think that was a mistake.  First, that room is very small and has a window, so a dark color would actually work great in there.  Now it just looks naked.  And makes me woefully aware of my lack of decorating skills.  It took three coats to cover the ugly brown, so I think I won't make Lee re-do it for a year or two.  Maybe that will give me time to figure out what color will actually work with the weird granite counter that the previous owners put in there.  At least it smells fresh and feels clean in there.

4.  Other than that, it's been a fairly quiet week around here.  The girls and I made our first trip to the mall to buy Alaina and Joya their spring/summer sandals.  And we ventured to Kohl's so I could buy a pair of jeans, since only one of my pairs has made the grade on this post-baby body. 

5.  The final stage of childbirth has started to play out: the influx of insurance EOBs and hospital bills.  Lovely.  A nice lady came to us while we were in the hospital and asked us to make a payment toward our future bill.  Then she gave us her card with her phone number on it when I told her that we would be requiring a payment plan for the rest of the amount.  She told me that I should call her number and not the customer service number on the bill because "those guys will make you cry."  I'm tempted to call the customer service number when we do get the final bill, because there is nothing they can say to make me give them money that I don't have.  I can only give them what we can each month.  I'd like to hear what they have to say about that.  What are they going to do, take Bria back? 

Anyway.

No comments: