Friday, June 28, 2013

Quick 5

Joy is...noticing that the forecast for the Fourth of July calls for 69 degrees and rain.

1.  When I took this picture, Lee asked me why I thought the moment was picture worthy.  I answered that it was because I don't have a picture of Lee and his youngest daughter.  That's a crime.  (Of course, Lee is pretty elusive when it comes to snagging him for a picture anyway.)





2.  Last Saturday we broke out the sprinkler for the girls to run through.  They've never done it, and I was at a loss at how to keep them busy.  Saturday IS our allowed watering day (although we did violate the rule of not watering between 10:00am and 6:00pm.  You can report us if your conscious demands it.)  Clearly you can see that Alaina had a blast and Joya was more than a little freaked out. 
 P.S.  No, that is not the normal sprinkler we use to water the lawn.  We have a much more efficient one for that, in case you were wondering.

 3.  This week was VBS at our church.  Lee took Alaina every night, while I stayed home with the two littles.  I'm a little sad about that, because our church puts on a fantastic VBS.  The decorations alone are incredible.  But since I'm nursing a baby, and the little girls are both down by 7:15, I got to stay home.  Alaina loved it, of course.  Just like she loves every community setting.
Apparently Alaina is the only girl in her group.  Good thing she likes boys "because they are handsome."

 4.  Perhaps the most amazing part of our week happened yesterday day as a part of our Great Tribulation.  Maybe it started on Wednesday, when I managed to catch Joya just as she was beginning to do some serious business in her diaper.  I asked her if she wanted to sit on the potty, and surprisingly she agreed.  Even more surprisingly she actually piddled.  She was handsomely rewarded with a few jelly beans.  That day she didn't manage to have any poop successes, but then yesterday she asked to go potty again, right after breakfast.  She sat up there and piddled like it was no big deal.  THEN she pooped.  Right in the potty.  Like she had been doing it her whole life.  I remember that Alaina was a little freaked out the first time she pooped, but not Joya.  Then Joya was dry for the rest of the day (except during nap time, but that doesn't count yet.)  I put some reusable training pants on her, and she continued to earn her jelly beans the rest of the day.  I feel like this has come out of nowhere.  Sure, she's been sitting on the potty for some time, but to have a whole day of successes after never having actually gone is amazing.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up.  Maybe it was a fluke.  Or just maybe I'll need to save that whole box of size 4 diapers for Bria.

5.  In Bria news, she effortlessly is weaning from being swaddled.  With Joya was had a good four weeks of awfulness as I tried to wean her from it.  But Bria has been a champ.  It makes me wonder if I just caught her at the right time, or if I should have tried this weeks ago.  Oh well.  My girls are growing by leaps and bounds these days.

Goodbye June!  I hope July brings us more rain that you let us have.


No comments: