Friday, April 18, 2014

Quick 5

{Witty opener}

1.  Usually I throw away Alaina's old schoolwork and artwork when she's not around so she doesn't know.  But she had made a beautiful rainbow with Froot Loops, and I knew she would miss it, so I told her she could show Grammy and Grandad and then we'd throw it away.  She was less than thrilled with that idea because she worked so hard  on it, but I told her we'd take a picture.  So now it's immortalized via the interwebs, and I don't have to deal with old, crusty Froot Loops and glue.
2.  Houston, we have a walker.  Bria started taking hardcore, purposeful steps last Saturday. She's probably taken 8 or 9 in a row.  Her preferred mode of transportation is still crawling, but she practices every day.  If my memory serves me correctly (and we all know that a mommy's memory is IRONCLAD) then Bria is about a month or two ahead of her sisters in the walking department.  She may be the baby of the family, but she can always say that she walked sooner than her sisters.

3.  Like most of America, we are now the proud owners of Frozen.  Gramma and Grampa Kimble sent it in their Easter package, and the girls were totally excited.  I rank it up there with Tangled.  I'm also looking forward to maybe learning some of the other songs besides "Let It Go" and "Do You Want To Build A Snowman."
4.  I completed a Pinterest project.  It was my first one dealing with re-purposing clothes and I even got to use a setting on the sewing machine that I have never used before.  I'm always looking for peasant tops because I feel like it hides my mommy muffin better than fitted things.  Now I can make my own.  Thanks to a well-timed beard hat sale I was able to go to the thrift store and score a few more shirts that I can remake.  Summer wardrobe.  Done.
Before.  An old shirt of Lee's that we both loved, but that has some bleach spots around the collar.
Now it's mine.
5. Heard at our house:
Scene: Alaina and Joya were playing outside in the backyard. The windows were open.  Lee was working from home at the kitchen table.

Alaina: Joya!  Joya!  Don't hurt nature!  Nature is good! 

Lee: Uh oh.  That's hippie talk.


He is Risen!  We pray you are filled with joy as we celebrate Christ's saving work on the cross this weekend!

No comments: