Friday, October 3, 2014

Quick 5

That time of year when we have every single coat that we own out, because you need a heavy one in the morning, and either the medium or light one depending on the day. 

1.  Our first proud moment of the week: Bria eats her first bowl of ramen.
 She developed her taste for ramen while simultaneously developing her mooching skills, since she would stand right next to Lee and chirp like a little bird every time he ate ramen.  I finally gave her her own bowl, which had an added bonus to it: she could practice using her fork.  She's good at getting the fork full of food to her mouth, but she can't really get the food on the fork.  I load up the fork, she puts it in her mouth and then hands it back to me to do the whole thing over again.  But with ramen the noodles are little and slightly sticky, so she can do it herself. 

2.  When the girls brush their teeth in the morning we are all crammed in the bathroom together.  I still brush Joya's teeth for her, and then she spits into the toilet.  After watching this routine for weeks, Bria has figured out what you should do when the toilet lid is up: spit.  So Joya bends over to spit and so does Bria.  Watching a 19 month old spit into a toilet is pretty darn cute.

3.  It's been awhile, but this week I got to participate in the Most Treasured Parenting Moment of cleaning barf out of a crib in the middle of the night.  As far as I know, Bria hasn't even had a fever in her 19 months of life, but in the wee hours of Wednesday morning I heard her barfing in her crib.  I got her cleaned up and the bed cleaned up, and tried not to wish horrible things on some of the moms in my MOPS group who were all talking about how their kids have never barfed in bed.  How lucky for them.  My girls are bed barfers.  It's something I've had to accept.

4.  Joya has made it a full week without sneaking any food or candy.  She proudly tells me each morning that she did not sneak anything.  Today she can finally have dessert again. 
5.  And the biggest surprise news of the week:
Alaina lost her first tooth!  This was a shock, because I didn't even know it was loose enough to come out.  Apparently she did the ol' apple routine at school yesterday, eating an apple slice that her teacher gave her, and the tooth popped right out.  She got into the van all secret like and said, "Mom!  I have a surprise for you.  I'll show you at home."  I'm a little bummed that I didn't get to witness the whole extraction process.  I LOVED pulling my teeth out as a kid, and I was looking forward to helping my girls.  I know they have plenty of teeth left, but I wish I had known that her tooth was that loose.  Anyway, the tooth fairy was completely caught off guard, but still managed to leave a golden dollar coin in Alaina's fancy new tooth pillow.

Have a glorious weekend!



No comments: