Friday, October 31, 2014

Quick 5

Ready to take bets on what time Joya will get up on the morning of the time change?  My guess is 5:00.

1.  Poor Joya was sick all week.  She told me she was cold at church on Saturday night while we were eating during the worship team potluck.  I told her to jump up and down to warm up.  She did.  But when we got home, it turned out she had a fever.  She proceeded to have fevers until Wednesday afternoon.  Her little eyes looked so tired, and she was So. Whiny.  We don't know what was wrong with her.  I took her in a for a throat culture on Tuesday, since her voice sounded a little garbled to me, but it was negative.  So she must have just had a virus or something.  So far the rest of us seem unscathed.  And Joya is finally back to her chipper self.

2.  We have one of those big sectioned baby gates that we've used to barricade Bria in the living room.  She has full reign of the living room and hall, but it's just been easier to keep her out of the kitchen and definitely away from the basement.  But she has figured out how to break out.  She did it right behind my back yesterday, when I was helping Alaina with her homework.  She was so quiet about it that I didn't notice until I turned around and saw the gate had been pushed out of the way.  She had made it all the way downstairs without a peep.  I think she's part ninja.

3.  We are now a smart phone family!  Well, almost.  We're in the process of transferring our numbers to the phones, and as soon as that is done we will be 100% a smart phone family.  Our friend Amy, who has made our life better in countless ways already, introduced us to Republic Wireless, which is going to cut our cell phone bill in half.  It's the perfect plan for us, since it's mostly based over wifi, and since we're mostly around wifi.  And the phones themselves were quite reasonable.  Obviously we got the cheapest ones they were offering, but it's still a smart phone and it will work just fine for us.  Thanks Amy!

4. I planted a raspberry bush in our garden box in May of last year.  Everything I've ever read said that it will probably take at least three years before it starts producing berries.  But lo and behold, during this last week of October, almost 17 months after planting it, it is spouting out a few berries.  I had no idea it would even produce berries this late in October.  There aren't many; just a few.  Joya and I each ate one and they tasted normal.  Maybe we'll be bursting at the seams with raspberries next year.

5.  Tomorrow I'm going to my first meal prep party.  You know, where you prep 10 meals in one sitting for your freezer with a bunch of other ladies?  I've always wondered about these.  And the shopping for it wasn't as bad as I thought.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Goodbye October!

No comments: