Friday, December 19, 2014

Quick 5

A thrill of hope
The weary world rejoices

1.  We survived the Christmas program.  It went so well.  The music was great, the dramas were fun and the sheep were super cute.  And Bria did quite well with all the extra hours we spent at church last weekend.  Church Christmas programs are SO. MUCH. WORK.  But they are always so worth it.  So if you ever have the chance to be involved with one, in any fashion, you should do it.
Two little black sheep
2.  This week has been all about the violin for me.  I volunteered to play violin (with two other violins) at our Christmas Eve service because it seemed like I could.  I haven't played the violin in three years, and I miss playing with the worship team terribly.  But a Christmas Eve service is lighter on a nursery director, so I jumped at the chance.  I've been practicing every day on music that really isn't that hard, but I haven't played in so long and I really don't want to embarrass our worship pastor or my friend Christina, who will play with me.  Poor Lee has been working from home all week and has had to hear it, and Joya has claimed that it has disturbed her naps every day.  But the practice continues.  And I'm really enjoying myself.

3.  I think we're finally mostly healthy around here.  It's a bit hard to tell.  Bria either has a cold or she's cutting molars.  Her nose is running like a faucet, and she is constantly jamming things in the back of her mouth and gnawing on them like her life depends on it.  She wakes up quite a bit in the night, but when I go to her I can't really find any reason that she woke up in the first place.  All I want for Christmas is two nights in a row of uninterrupted sleep.  But that would take a miracle.  

4.  Today Alaina completes her final day of her first semester of 1st grade.  I generally don't think that time passes by quickly, but Alaina mentioned that she thought this semester of school went by so fast, and I agree.  Of course, if I think back on my life, I always felt like the fall semester sailed by while the spring semester dragged on.  Guess we'll find out.  It helps that she likes school so much.

5.  Thus begins our Christmas break.  I'm looking forward to getting up at 6:00 instead of 5:30 every day, and all the festivities of next week.  I plan to start with baking (I bought REAL BUTTER for the cookies this year, ya'll) and then family galore.  It'll be wild and crazy.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: