Friday, May 22, 2015

Quick 5

Remember when Colorado had mountains?  I haven't seen them in like a week.  Someone with faith as small as a mustard seed must have moved them.

1. I forgot to show Joya's contribution to Mother's Day.  Mostly because I had left it at church because it was totally wet when I picked her up from class, and I have a rule about not bringing papers with wet paint into the car.  But here it is:

2.  This water-logged month hasn't slowed us down (much.)  On Saturday we went to my niece Naomi's dance recital, which was SO MUCH BETTER than last year, thanks to better organization.  Naomi killed it, and we were out of there in a little over an hour.  Joya LOVED the costumes and the dances.  And we got to take a new way home from the Springs, since 1-25 was backed up.  Highway 83 is beautiful, even in the rain.

3. Monday night was fun.  (Did you read that sarcastically?)  I mentioned to Lee before bed that we should check the sump pump because it had been raining all day and we need to keep an eye on it.  It's a good thing I did (thanks, Holy Spirit!) because it was NOT working.  The sump pump pit was full.  All it took was a bit of adjusting and it started working again.  But then Lee set his alarm to wake him up every two hours just to make sure, and sure enough he had to adjust it at midnight and at 2:00.  Then he found the sweet spot.  But that was a night of very little sleep.  We are now the proud owners of a new sump pump, which is on standby, because the one in there now will work if it is JUST SO.  So we'll let it be just so for awhile.  And hopefully the rain will become more Colorado-like soon.

4.  Today is the last day of school! I'm glad Alaina is excited about it, because I feel like I haven't had the chance to properly be excited about it because it feels like early April, not late May.  The last week of school should be full of warmth and sunshine and short-sleeved shirts, not coats and long-sleeves.  But such is life, and I'm happy today was the last day I'll have to wake up at 5:30 for a long while.

5.  And just because the girls have been in rare form cute-wise, here are a few pics to get you through this long weekend:
Have a great weekend!

No comments: