Friday, August 28, 2015

Quick 5

And just like that, August is out the door.

1. Bria had her 2 1/2 year old well check visit at the doctor on Monday. Here's a fun fact: neither of the other girls had a 2 1/2 year check up. Because I didn't know it was a thing. But the doctor's office insisted it was, and a friend assured me that insurance covered it, so in we went. It was easy because there were no shots, and we talked all things Potty the whole time. Whatever. We like our doctor. And Bria is still super tall.

2. We've settled into school routine like we never left. Except we added one key element: Bria screaming. Most days I can leave her home with Daddy while I do morning drop off, and on those days she screams like I'm leaving on a two-year trek through Antarctica. But on the few days that I have to take the sisters with us, she waits until Alaina gets out of the car at school, and then she screams the whole way home. She's inconsolable. It's cute that she loves her sister so much and so annoying. She is always so happy to see Alaina at the end of the day. This year she definitely misses her sister.

3. Alaina decided to shed a little weight this week:
 Maybe technically I forced her to pull the tooth. The dangling tooth was grossing us out, so she let me pull it. And now I have to cut up her food like I did when she was a toddler. She's so proud.

4. Joya has a new friend:
She had asked me to make her a unicorn. So I did. Obviously it was inspired by the unicorn in Despicable Me, and yes, she runs around the house now yelling, "It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!!" And to keep the peace, I just might have to make one for Bria.

5. The Kimble House had a procedure done this week. It's not fully completed yet, but as soon as it is, you'll see what I mean.

Welcome September!! No 90 degree days allowed for you.


No comments: