Friday, September 18, 2015

Quick 5

It's a four-day weekend around here for us!

1. It's been pretty hot around here lately, and I almost forgot fall is coming. Which means my girls are going to need shoes. You know, the closed toe kind that you wear with socks. But apparently that is not an easy task. I mean, if you want to pay $25 or $30 for shoes for a preschooler that she'll wear for only 5 months or so, then you're golden. But if you don't want to pay that, you're kind of up a creek without a paddle. I suppose I could pay $11.00 for dirty, banged up used shoes, but that doesn't seem right either. So I've dragged my girls from store to store, and I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay the big bucks.

2. I'm torn between two generations. Mine, which filled our bellies with raw cookie dough, and the current one, which writes lengthy science filled articles about the dangers of such behaviors. Because of this, Bria got to try raw cookie dough for the first time at age 2 1/2. I love watching her eyes get big when she discovers the goodness of life.

 3. We have a four-day weekend because of Parent Teacher conferences. Alaina had Thursday and Friday off of school this week. We went to her conference yesterday, and she is doing quite well. She's ahead of the game in reading and math, which doesn't surprise us. Apparently her math class will be starting 3rd grade math soon, with the hopes of being done with it and ready for 4th grade math by the end of 2nd grade. It makes me a bit nervous, because I've been warned that it gets much harder much quicker, but her math teacher has an excellent policy about homework. If we can't figure out the homework at home, all we have to do is circle it and write "Teach Me," and then the teacher will go over it in class. That right there makes me feel better. Alaina's teacher also told us that she had a tendency to be a "bit chatty," but we all knew that about her, didn't we?

4. Alaina's school had a Book Fair this week. They let the kids walk through and make a wish list. Alaina was proud to be able to count out her money and take some with her to buy her very own book. (A Captain Underpants book, of course!)
 

5. You might be surprised at how often I have to remind my girls to look forward while they're walking.

Go Broncos!!


No comments: