Friday, September 25, 2015

Quick 5

Welcome Fall!! We're so excited to see you! Wish you had brought weather that was more fall-like, instead of these upper-80s temps, though...

1. Matchy matchy part II!
2. Lee mostly works from home these days. As in, usually he only goes into the office one day a week. It has made school drop off and pick up a dream. But he still makes sure to go in for the Taste of Denver West. His office complex hosts this event every year in the fall, with sample booths set up by many restaurants near the office (there are a lot.) This year he got to meet a special guest:
That's Miles, the mascot of the Broncos, in case you were unfamiliar. Joya needed to clarify whether or not that was a real horse, or a human in a horse costume. I asked her what she thought, and she concluded that since the Chick-fil-a Cow is a human dressed as a cow, then Miles must be a human dressed as a horse. I love watching little kids work out logic.

3. We are just three weeks away from Joya's birthday. Which is good, because she's been asking since July how many days it is until her birthday. If I were a more together, Pinteresty mom I would have made her one of those construction paper chain things you can use to count down the days. I thought about it...does that count? But of course I didn't. Anyway, her birthday is three weeks away, but suddenly she seems so much older to me. More kid, less preschooler. She rarely wakes up in the night anymore and she's pretty good about entertaining herself. She likes to learn and she loves to be treated as a big kid. I'm still having a hard time thinking of what to get her for her birthday, though. We've had many conversations, but there isn't really anything specific that she wants. These are her exact words: "I want anything princessy, sparkly, GIRLY." So there you have it.

4. Last Saturday my sister and brother-in-law brought their kids to my parents house so they could go watch the Georgia game with other fans. So we went up too, so the kids could have cousin time. I guess I should have taken pictures, but I didn't. The point was, they played together so well. Even the babies (Bria and Elli) did well, although they still don't really play together. They just did their own thing, and there were no fights, no tears and I didn't even have to bust out the timer to help settle disputes. At one point I told my mom not to look directly at any of them, lest our eye contact open the door to all that is whiny or fighting.  I always hoped this day would come for the cousins.

5. Remember all that rain we had in April and May? And then our basement flooded? Well, I don't think it's rained here since July. What's up with that??

Happy weekend all!


No comments: