Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

The girls and I went to Kohl's yesterday.  I had something I needed to return, but it turned out it didn't come from there.  No worries, because it's "fun to walk at Kohl's" (according to Alaina.)  She's right.  Especially now, when everything is decked out for Christmas.

We ended up back in the home section, looking at Christmas decorations.  And I found the perfect ornaments for the girls this year.  And they were 40% off, so I ignored the fact that it was only November 8th, and bought them.

I love them.  And I'm actually a little sad because Joya's Baby's First Christmas ornament is way better than Alaina's.  I think I might have been in panic mode when I bought Alaina's, because it wasn't the greatest, but it was one that said "Baby's First Christmas."  Oh well.  It is what it is.  I love Alaina's ornament for this year, so maybe that will make up for it.

In other sad news, I don't think we'll be able to put up our Christmas tree this year.  Our tiny place has gotten much smaller with the introduction of Joya and all the paraphernalia she comes with.  Adding a tree would cut Alaina's already tiny play area in half.  So because they are young, we will probably just forgo that joyous tradition.  We'll have to admire the ornaments as they sit on the counter this year.

Aren't they great?

 

1 comment:

Brie said...

I don't think I'll put a tree up this year, either. Last year, Micah just kept taking the ornaments off, and it was more hassle than it was worth, expecially factoring in the loss of play space. I'll just look forward to years to come when we can decorate the tree as a family and enjoy it all season long. :)