Friday, December 17, 2010

Quick 5

You know, this quick 5 is really a good idea.  It kind of forces me to focus on my week a bit more, rather than letting each day go by in a blur.  I find myself filing things away for possible quick 5 topics.  So thanks, Becky, for helping me to live life a bit more intentionally.

On with the show.

1.  I love that recent pic of Joya.  Scroll down and you'll see it.  It's currently our desktop background.  However, when Lee saw it he said "I don't know if she looks cute or like Smeagol."  I'm sure Joya will love to hear that when she gets older.

2.  I'm growing my hair out.  I fully recognize that the hairstyle I've been sporting for the last year or so has not been in style.  I also fully recognize that as far as fashion goes, I'm usually about three or four years behind.  Anyway, now I'm growing my hair out, and I'm sure that everyone who sees me thinks "There goes a girl who is growing out her hair, bless her heart."

3.  Our apartment smells.  I mean it smells awful.  The cold weather has forced our smoking downstairs neighbors to smoke in their house.  And now our place smells like smoke.  Actually, it smells just like smoker's breath.  It reminds me of my fifth grade teacher, who was a heavy smoker.  We always held our breath whenever she'd come over to whisper to us during quiet work time.  Anyway, now my house smells bad and no amount of air freshener or candle or reed diffuser can conquer that smell.  It just adds to it.  I'm praying the Lord protects my babies' lungs, because if we can smell the smell, I wonder if we're also breathing in the poison.  And worst of all, our home doesn't smell like our home anymore.  We need to move.

4.  I was going to write about the woes of having just one car, because Lee's car was being fixed yesterday, but the guy got it done in one day.  Lee's car is now safe to drive, after four years of driving an unsafe vehicle.  And I only had to live one day without a car, which wasn't really bad of course.  We don't go places every day anymore.  One night Lee took my car (that has the car seats in it) to worship practice and he asked me what I would do if I had an emergency but he had the car.  I said "call 911."  Lots of families are one-car families.  I'm so thankful we're not one of them.

5.  I decided not to do Christmas cards this year.  I sent out Joya's birth announcements instead.  I really wanted to do that, and I didn't want to send out two sets of cards.  So Joya's birth announcements trumped Christmas cards this year, because Joya is only born once.  I figure I am sending something out, so people will still get mail.  We'll catch up with Christmas cards next year.  I am enjoying the ones that have been coming, though.  It's one of my favorite parts of Christmas.

That's it!  Have a great weekend.

No comments: