Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I. Love. Valentine's Day.  Always have.  The pink and the red and the hearts just make me happy in this dreary month.  And this year, Valentine's Day has lasted almost a full week.  I can't remember it lasting that long ever.

It started on Saturday the 5th when Lee arranged for the Gilletts to watch the girls while we went out to dinner.  It was a surprise to me; I had no idea he was setting it up.  Anyway, the girls ate dinner over there while Lee and I went to Outback.  I'm sure you all know that I am a steak and potatoes kind of girl, so this meal spoke to my very soul.

Alaina was supposed to take Valentines to her MOPPETS class last Tuesday, but Tuesday was the day that was super snowy and cold.  I didn't want to take my babies out in that, especially when it took Lee about an hour to get to work that day.  So we stayed home.  However, Alaina had fun giving Valentines to her dear friends Hayley, Macy and Avery (and Miss Leah) at church yesterday.

We got two Valentines in the mail during the week for Alaina from her grammy and grandma.  She's been carrying them around all week.

Then, last Friday, Lee surprised me with a present.  An actual, honest-to-goodness Valentine's present.


Chocolate covered strawberries and bananas from Edible Arrangements.  Holy cow.  They were amazing.  I think chocolate covered fruit from Edible Arrangements has become my new favorite luxury, bumping pedicures from the top spot.

Yesterday we participated in our favorite Valentine's Day tradition:


That, my friends, is a heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's.  We love that little special they have every year.  And it's even more amazing to me that Lee fully supports this tradition, since the only tradition he EVER wants to participate in is the tradition he has of never having traditions.  Alaina loved it too.


In other news, today was Joya's four-month check-up.  She now weighs 13 pounds and 7 ounces.  I am a terrible mommy for not getting how long she is, but the good doctor did tell me that she is still in the 95th percentile for height.  She's a tall girl.  I'm busting out the 6-month clothes, simply because I need things to cover her arms and legs.  The doctor also said that if she didn't know us, if she had just seen Joya from across the room, she would have thought that Joya was six months old, because of how she holds herself and puts things in her mouth.  Joya passed the exam with smiles and flying colors, until they stuck her legs with her shots.  But don't worry.  She was back to giggling at Alaina before too long.

It's been a good day.

No comments: