Friday, February 25, 2011

Quick 5

A shout-out to my brother-in-law Nick, who said that reading this quick 5 is the highlight of his Friday, along with going to Chick-fil-a for lunch.  I am privileged to have this blog mentioned in the same conversation as Chick-fil-a.

1.  It's official.  We have had a full week of Joya not needing that middle of the night feeding.  On Saturday or Sunday she woke up once in the middle of the night, but only because she busted out of her swaddler.  She hates that.  All I had to do was pin her arms down and wrap her up tight again, and she went right back to sleep.  Now the only thing that seems to be waking me up in the night is my walnut-sized bladder.  But even that's only once.  I can handle it.

2.  Alaina had a dental check-up this week.  No cavities, but the dentist could tell that she is a thumb-sucker.  He said nothing was urgent about it, but he could just tell.  As far as I can tell, she only sucks her thumb when she's going to sleep at naps and at night.  I'm hoping she'll just one day give it up altogether on her own, and I won't have to do anything drastic with her.  She also still does not have her two-year-old molars, but the dentist said that was fine.  Why do they call them two-year-old molars then?  And I didn't get a pic of her prizes, but Jill let her pick out two.  And gave her two stickers.  Sheesh.

She refused to lay back in the chair, so the talented Jill had to clean her teeth sitting up like this.


3.  On a dental-related note, I loved working at Holly Dental.  I love that I take Alaina there, because those ladies care when they see us.  I actually missed most of Alaina's cleaning (which really only took about five minutes) because I was catching up with all the girls I used to work with.  I had Joya in the Snuggli, and they all wanted to see her.  I even chatted with a hygienist who came to work after I left to have Alaina, but who I would have been friends with if we had worked there at the same time.  She cleans Lee's teeth, so we feel like we know her.  And while I don't necessarily miss working, I do miss all those ladies. 

4.  Most of the boxes are now unpacked or simply stored in our basement.  So our house is fully functioning.  However, the only room I truly have completely decorated is Alaina's.  The rest I am slowly decorating.  But right now Alaina's room is my favorite room because it is completely done.




The only thing missing is some curtains on the window, which will happen by next week.  The blinds are junk and don't really close tight, and it is getting to be pretty bright in the morning, so I will be buying some curtains to help keep the room a little darker.

5.  Alaina loves to sit up on her bed and look out that window.  Yesterday, as I was changing diapers after their afternoon naps, all the kids came home from school.  Since our building sits near the entrance, all the kids who go to the elementary school walk past our house to go or come from school.  Alaina jumped up to look out the window and said, "Look, it's all my friends!  There's DeeDee and BeeBo and TaTee..."  She was giving them nonsense names, but she was naming them, nonetheless.  She is going to love school.

Well, goodbye February.  See you next year.

No comments: