Friday, February 4, 2011

Quick 5

It's been a weird week, and I'm not sure I would have remembered that it was Friday, if it weren't for Becky's quick 5.  But I'm back on track now.

1.  I think I found the ultimate way to end the "Why?" game.  Alaina is in it to win it when it comes to that game.  You know how it goes...we'll be watching Baby Einstein and she'll ask:
"What's that Mommy?" 
I'll say, "It's a seahorse." 
She says, "Why Mommy, why?"
Then I say, "Why Alaina, why?"
She'll say, "A-cause."
And then it ends.  So now when she asks me why, I usually ask her why right back, and then we can move on.

2.  Because of the cold, cold weather, Lee worked from home two days this week.  It was an interesting experience.  I definitely loved having him around for my sanity.  It was nice to interact with an adult periodically through the day.  However, he is just not used to being around Alaina so much.  And her noise.  At one point I had to tell him that she really wasn't being excessively noisy; she was just being a two-year-old girl.  But I did try to keep her quieter, since he was working and was on the phone every once in awhile.  And Alaina was a little confused on Thursday when he went back to the office.  But it is nice that he has that option when the weather is bad.

3.  Here is how we spent much of Tuesday, the coldest day this week:
The blankets and space heater and DVD player were our friends.

4.  We've met our neighbors.  Last week sometime, during dinner, we heard a knock on our door.  It was our neighbors to the left.  Valerie and her two kids, Brittany and Brandon, just wanted to say hi.  These are the same kids that Alaina was chatting with through the window last Friday.  Then last night Laura, our neighbor to the right, knocked on our door because Lee had shoveled her driveway and walk.  We really share a driveway with her and her husband, so it would be silly just to shovel our side, but she appreciated it anyway.  It was so nice to meet them.  We never got the names of any of our neighbors at the old place. 

5.  Next week Alaina is going to give out her first Valentines.  Since it is the only meeting before Valentine's Day, we were given a list of the kids in her room.  She has no idea what it is all about, but I'm terribly excited, since I love Valentine's Day.  She picked out her Valentines yesterday...Disney Princesses, of course.  I told her that was very predictable of her and she said, "Yeah!"

Well, have a good weekend, kids.  Hope you all have fun enjoying the Superbowl with all the food and commercials that surround it.

No comments: