Friday, February 17, 2012

Quick 5

"Perhaps I am a bear, or some hibernating animal underneath,
for the instinct to be half asleep all winter is so strong in me."
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

1.  Valentine's Day was a hit around here.  Lee got me my annual box of chocolate dipped fruit from Edible Arrangements.  We ate our traditional heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's.  And pink and red hearts abounded.  I love Valentine's Day.

2.  We ate that pizza on Sunday night.  On Valentine's Day I made an incredible bacon wrapped sweet and spicy chicken.  It was amazing and so easy.  I think the world should know about it.  The gal in the blog said she grilled hers instead of baking it, and while I'm sure it's good, it definitely would eliminate the super yummy gravy that collects in the pan.  So I recommend baking it instead of grilling it.  There are plenty of other things to grill.  

3.  Lee brought home some candy from work the other day.  Not an unusual occurrence, really.  Except it was one of those Fun Dip things...you know, bags of sugar with a sugar stick that you lick and stick into said sugar.  Whatever.  Kids think it's fun (and so does my brother Ben, probably.)  So I gave it to Alaina for dessert.  Then Joya and I hung out while Alaina enjoyed it.  When I went to check on her, she looked like this:
 Lessons learned: She only needs half of it, not the whole thing.  And do not use a white wash cloth to clean her up.

4.  We did not get the house that we put the offer on.  The sellers took a grand total of 16 days to make that decision.  Lucky for them that they waited so long, so an offer that they truly liked could come on the table. 

5.  A few weeks ago, we had dinner at my parents' house.  In traditional Marsh fashion, we said "Praise the Lord!" after the amen when we prayed at dinner.  A week or so later, I noticed that whenever we said "amen" at home, Joya would lift her little hands in the air.  It happens at meal times and at bedtime.  We don't typically say "Praise the Lord" at home, so it amazes me that she latched on and carries out the tradition so faithfully, without daily reinforcment.  It is something I am very happy to encourage.

That's a wrap!  See you next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun post! Glad you had a fun v-day! I love it too:) And...beautiful pic of you with your girls!