Friday, January 18, 2013

Quick 5

Another week, another pound gained. (Thanks, Baby Meatball!)

1.  Last week's baby shower was such a blessing.  In addition to some way cute clothes for the babe, the main gift was a Kindle Fire, which is a pretty sweet piece of technology.  It was on my list of Things I'll Probably Never Own (along with a Kitchen Aid Mixer, a Dyson vacuum, and a smart phone.)  But I've really enjoyed it so far.  I had no idea there were so many free e-books I could have.  I won't have to go to the library for months.  (For myself anyway; the girls still need their books and DVDs.)  I still feel like I can't express my gratitude enough.

2.  Our dear friends also gave us a Canon Power Shot camera.  That was a HUGE unexpected blessing.  We do have a fairly decent camera, but it's rather large and bulky, and we just don't lug it everywhere.  So a lot of pictures do not get taken.  But now I have a cute little one that I can throw in my purse.  And it has some really fun settings too, which make me feel like my pictures might finally be on par with the ones that people like to post of their kids.  These were taken this morning with one of the settings, and I love it already.


3.  Joya seems to be maturing by leaps and bounds all of a sudden.  Don't get me wrong; she's still very two.  But maybe it all started with the big girl bed.  Suddenly her sentences seem clearer and better structured.  And she definitely wants to do more by herself, like climbing into the van and up into her seat.  I picked her up and put her in one day because we were kind of in a hurry, and I greatly offended her.  She is quite the little person.

4.  I had my pre-admit appointment at the hospital this week.  You have the option of going in early and answering all the health-related questions, as well as filling out some paperwork so you don't have to do it while you're in labor.  It's a great service.  And the hospital is such a nice facility.  The baby's room is nowhere close to being ready, but at least I feel like the hospital part of childbirth is ready.  It's a big check off my check-list.


5.  I can't seem to come up with #5 for the life of me.  But that's life, I suppose.

Happy Friday!

No comments: