Friday, January 25, 2013

Quick 5

Oh, blessed 60-degree winter day.  Please stay with us through the end of February so we don't have to deal with snow when it's time to go to the hospital to have the baby.

1.  The only downside I can think of to these 50 and 60 degree days is that it is SO DRY.  Alaina and Joya walk around with their hair flying in all directions, my hands are cracked and white despite the moisturizing I do, and I will be amazed if we make it through the winter without me frying an electronic device simply by touching it.  It is NOT pleasant to get a static shock on my big ol' belly, which often is the first thing to come in contact with something metal these days.  I hope the baby is okay.

2.  Last weekend was super-productive.  Lee took Friday off and spent most of the day re-arranging our basement and moving the office down there.  We have a bona fide living space, ready and waiting for family activity.  It looks great, and I'm so excited about it.  I'd post a picture, but there are still a few things out of place and I'd like them to be moved.  Maybe next week.

3.  Hopefully by the end of next week I'll have the baby's room ready.  The crib is set up, but the sheets need to be washed.  The curtains need to be hung.  The changing table needs to be moved from the girl's room.  And the rest of the boxes need to be unpacked.  I try to do a bit each day, and that seems to help.  I'll post pictures of that when it's done too.

4.  Working on this baby's room makes me feel a little sad for Joya.  Joya never got her own room; she stayed in our room until she slept through the night (which was when she was about 8 months old).  Then she immediately went into Alaina's room.  She's never really had a space all decorated just for her.  I hope that she'll look back and realize she's the first to sleep in the toddler bed, and I did buy brand-new bedding for her.  Alaina's baby room was awesome, and this baby's room is going to be good too.  Such is the life of a middle child, I suppose.  I can relate.

5.  I don't really have a lot of fears about childbirth.  Even with Alaina, it has always gone very smoothly for me.  But lately I can't seem to stop googling "how long does labor last with the third baby?"  I think I know enough people that barely made it (or didn't make it!) to the hospital on time, so it freaks me out.  I know my mom is at least an hour away from being able to be here to watch the girls at any point.  Will that hour not be enough time?  My labors have not been very fast before (25 hours and 15 hours) but will this baby just drop out of me?  The worst part is, no one can tell me.  Not the doctors.  Not the internet.  Not other moms.  It is what it is, and that is my least favorite part of childbirth.

Anyway. 

No comments: