Friday, January 10, 2014

Quick 5

Seriously, people.  Downton Abbey.

1.  I received one of the best compliments someone like me could ever receive this past Sunday.  There is this woman at church that I highly admire and respect.  She's the kind of person who makes everyone feel like a friend, and she's really fun to be around.  She came up to me and said, "Tori, I think you might be a writer!"  I've never told her that I'm a fledgling writer, or that in the past I might have tried to be one or that I might be holding on to that dream for the future.  She simply made the observation off of what she sees on her husband's Facebook page.  There is something about random affirmation out of the blue that just makes you feel a little more secure in who you think you might be. 

2.  We dealt with Bout #2 of a stomach bug on Sunday night.  You know that joyous feeling when you wake up out of a dead sleep in the middle of the night because you hear your kid being sick in the bathroom.  Alaina had a rough four hours of it or so, but she got to do her favorite thing and sleep on the floor next to my side of the bed.  And by about 9:00am, she was actually quite perky.  She only wanted toast all day, but the point is, she wanted toast all day.  The beauty was that Monday was the last day of school break, so we didn't have to call in.  I believe we've paid our dues now, and declare that we can go the rest of the winter stomach-bug free.

3.  It's a good thing kids bounce back so easily.  Alaina was more than ready to play in the snow on Tuesday.  As tiresome as it is to get the girls dressed for playing in the snow (and undressed if they have to use the bathroom, even though they promised that they wouldn't) I never get tired of watching them play in the snow.
4.  For some reason, most babies do not like to have their face washed.  I don't know why; I'm always gentle.  But Bria is glad to have her face washed, especially if you let her lick the washcloth while you do it.  And then if you let her grab the washcloth and suck on it for awhile, you will have won her heart.  It may sound gross, but I do get a new washcloth for her face each day.  And it'll keep her happy for about five or ten minutes while I clean up dishes.  So maybe it's a third child thing, but I really don't mind.
5.  And now this is what Bria does every chance she can get:
The girl just wants to stand.  All the time.  For some reason it cracks me up every time when I go into her room to get her up from a nap and find her standing up, staring at me.  Thankfully she's also figured out how to get down.  She has no qualms about dropping down onto her well-padded bottom.

Go Broncos!  Don't choke!

No comments: