Friday, January 31, 2014

Quick 5

This January has been a January.

1.  I'm not going to complain, because this only happens about once a year, but our beloved Nissan Maxima had to spend a couple days in the shop this week.  I was super nervous about this scenario, because of the whole half-day kindergarten thing, but it actually really worked out.  Lee was able to work from home a morning and a day, so I was able to use the van when I needed to.  We're praying protection over our van, though, because we're not too sure how it would work cramming the three girls into the back of the Maxima.  But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

2.  We went to MOPS on Monday.  MOPS is weird for me this year.  I stepped back from coordinating, because it goes from 9:30 to 11:30, and since I have to pick up Alaina at 11:00, I have to leave the church at 10:30, which gives me just an hour there.  At first I wasn't going to go at all, but I figured an hour of conversation is better than an hour of no conversation.  I'm glad we get to go for the hour.  But I feel a little like a kid who has graduated high school, and then keeps going back to visit.  Like I belong, but not quite, because I'm not there the whole time.  It's still worth it to me, and next year I'll be able to jump back in for the full time, but it's just a little awkward this year.  For me anyway.  The moms are perfectly nice and enjoyable.

3.  Alaina came home from school one day very excited about learning about "number sentences."  You know, 1+1 = 2, 2+2=4 and 3+0 = 3.  She found a piece of paper and wrote them out over and over.  It's fun watching her learn new things.

4.  Alaina and Joya have also begun the "Your My Best Friend" game.  I remember that game with my sisters.  We usually used it as a tool of manipulation, by declaring that one sister would be our "Best Friend" if they did something for us, like one of our chores or whatever.  I'm pretty sure they're using it the same way.  So now I have to decide when to intervene and when to let them figure it out.  I'm trying to hammer in "Be Kind To Each Other" into their heads, but maybe it will take specifically spelling it out for them to get it. 
Best Friends for the moment
5.  Bria has a fun new game.  She crawls to her toy basket, picks a toy, then crawls over to the Super Gate, pulls herself up and chucks the toy over the gate.  And then, if she's feeling particularly disagreeable or melancholy, she'll sob like she's lost her best friend.  But mostly she just has fun.  Especially if one of her sisters is sitting on the other side, throwing the toy back over the gate to her.  I usually laugh at her either way (which doesn't go over so well if she's in one of her moody moods.)

Go Broncos!  Seriously.  We're excited that it's finally Superbowl Weekend.  Now, I'm as big of a Bronco fan as I can be, but I'm looking forward to the game, and the game being over, only so I never have to hear the term "Clingy Thingy" ever again. 

No comments: