Friday, November 7, 2014

Quick 5

We've got big news this week!

1.  Lee's company decided to hire him!  Sounds funny, right? Last year his company was bought out, and in January, they let us know that they would be eliminating his department, but asked if he would be willing to stay to help with the transition until the end of October.  Sometime this summer they realized they would need his team longer, so they asked if he could stay until January 2nd.  And now they've realized they still have quite a bit of work for him and his team to do, so thanks to his great supervisor for being a champion for them, they just let us know that they've decided to hire them as permanent employees.  So no more job stress for us!  We can have a lovely holiday season without adding on the extra busyness of a job search.  Thank You Lord!

2.  The girls handled the time change with the greatest of ease.  I credit this to the fact that Joya spent much of Friday night awake and crying like a newborn for a variety of not-worth-it excuses.  Saturday night we tried to keep them up a bit later (I was shooting for an hour, but I'd had it after about 30 minutes) and so Joya must have been dead tired.  Not only did she not wake up at 5:00, but she slept until almost 7:00.  Which should have felt like almost 8:00 to her little body.  And confession: that was so out of character that close to 7:00 I had to go check on her to make sure she was still breathing.  Of course me coming in woke her up, but that was totally okay by that point.  Alaina and Bria didn't seem to care about the time change at all, so I feel like we dodged a big ol' bullet.

3.  Ever heard of unclaimed money?  Apparently there's all sorts of money out there that is sitting in state treasury departments, just waiting to be claimed.  I guess it's old inheritance money or insurance money or something.  Anyway, I read a story on Facebook, so for fun I looked us up.  And lo and behold, we have unclaimed money out there!  I remember getting a letter or a phone call from the company years ago, so I gave them my info and then never heard from them again.  But I got a hit when I did a search on this unclaimed money thing!  And now, once the form has been notarized, we should get enough to buy the van a couple of new tires.  Search yourself out, people!

4. Alaina's dream has come true: she finally gets to rake the yard.  She's been not-so-patiently waiting for the leaves to fall so she could rake them up and jump in them.  I love that she's at the age where getting to do a new chore is a rite of passage and not a drudgery.  She IS six, you know!

5.  Fall fun with the girls:

Here comes the cold! 

No comments: