Friday, February 12, 2016

Quick 5

This has been a week filled with highs and lows. And I'm not just talking about the 60+ degrees we've enjoyed all week.

1. The first high: the Broncos won the Superbowl! Did you hear? I can hardly believe it. I told Lee in October that this didn't feel like a Superbowl year for the Broncos. I loved them, but I wasn't a believer. But watching them has sure been fun. And I had forgotten how fun it is to have a championship team in your city. No I didn't go to the parade, but the excitement around town has been enjoyable for everyone.

2. But the low of the whole deal was Joya dealing with the stomach bug all day Saturday. We had planned to go to a Superbowl party, but Joya was pretty sick in the morning, then right before bed. So we had to stay home, which was so sad. But then we had the high of our friends bringing us food that they had made for the party, since we couldn't be there to eat it with them. That was so amazing, and turned our stay at home party into something a little better.

3. Then a high came when my secret sister at MOPS gave me these flowers. I'm way too practical to ever really want flowers, but I cannot deny the joy they bring when you have a vase of real, fresh flowers on your table. So fun.

4. Then Tuesday night (or early Wednesday morning, I suppose) we hit another low when Bria woke up with the stomach bug. Thankfully hers was less intense than Joya, with only two episodes. But I'm now a pro at dealing with puke, and if you want some good ideas on how to handle it, I could help you out.

5. And now we get to have a lovely Valentine's weekend, which is in fact a three day weekend for everyone, including Lee, thanks to President's Day on Monday. Up first is our annual heart pizza. With girls who are healthy.
Happy weekend!

No comments: