Friday, June 17, 2016

Quick 5

Holy 90+ degree days, Batman!

1. Is it just me, or are the cottonwood trees hulking out this year? Every day we have a blizzard of fuzzies in the backyard. The girls love it. They think it's magical. Lee hates it. All our grilled food comes with a cottonwood fuzz crust that I'm sure Gordon Ramsey would call "horrid." I just don't remember it ever being this epic before.
2. We had a fun time celebrating Lee's birthday. He started the celebration by camping overnight with a couple of his buddies. Then we celebrated as a family by grilling kebabs and eating birthday brownies. I recommend having preschoolers if you need someone to follow you around saying "It's your birthday!" every ten minutes on your birthday, just in case you forgot.

3. The days are hot, but we've found ways to cope. I think the girls will look back on the Summer of 2016 and think about all popsicles and sprinklers, all the time. I'm good with that.

4.  We start swim lessons on Monday. Bria woke up at 4:00 this morning and told me she needed to "frow up." I asked why, and she said she was "so excited for swimming." It's going to be a long weekend.

5. Someone left a big treehouse/dollhouse thing in the Free to a Good Home section of the nursery on Sunday. I snagged it, and it has brought great joy to the girls all week. But they might be done with it already. So I'll just take it back. Maybe I should have a Toy Swap section of the nursery, where people can bring toys and take toys, just to change things up. What do you think? Does that sound like a good idea, or just a logistical nightmare?

Happy Summer!

No comments: