Friday, January 28, 2011

Making Friends

Today it is 67 degrees outside.  I have the windows open.  And right now, there are kids outside our window, playing around on the ice outside our building.  (Our building faces north.)

Alaina and I heard the kids, and Alaina scampered up on the couch to look out at the kids.  They are right there.  So while I'm in here, typing this, she is talking to them through the window.  She's saying,

"We moved here in the new house!"
"I'll come see you!"
"Don't fall down and get all wet!"
"Hi kids!"
"Whee!  That looks fun!"

I have never been good at making friends.  But apparently Alaina is.  I'll take my cues from her.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I love how kids interact with each other! I wish I could meet people without thinking of what to say or how to say it. She just spoke to them she didn't take time to think of how to make a first impression! She was just simply herself!! So cute!