Friday, March 30, 2012

Quick 5

The end of March has been quite calm, as evidenced by my paltry Quick 5 this week.

1.  Yesterday Alaina and I went to get Joya up from her nap so we could go to Wal-Mart.  Alaina walked over to the pack-n-play and said, "Well, hello there, Little Fella!"  I think she's seen Finding Nemo one too many times.

2.  Joya has starting saying "Mommy."  And it's pretty much the only word she'll say right now, besides "shoes" and "bup" (up...a command to lift her off the ground.)  It melts my heart every time.  Sometimes it's annoying because she's mastered the art of saying it with a whine too, but it's a mommy thing to love something and be annoyed at the same time. 

3.  Newest way to keep Alaina entertained: Oriental Trading Company Catalogs.  She is thrilled with every single item in there.

4.  It's that weird time of year when I don't really know how to dress the girls.  It's pretty chilly in the morning, but you don't need coats later and it's a drag to haul them around.  Anyway, I mostly have their summer wardrobes ready, but I needed just a couple more t-shirts for both of them.  So I headed to the best place for that: Wal-Mart.  Props to the Garanimals brand.  I bought them each two shirts.  And strategically, I bought them each a plain black t-shirt, in preparation for Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-a in July.  I'm pretty proud of myself for the foresight. 

5.  No real news on the house front, but I have gut feeling that tells me we are probably about six weeks away from moving.  Now the question is, do I start packing or just wait until it's all official?

Hope your weather is as nice as ours.

No comments: