Saturday, January 15, 2011

Quick 5 Part II (Or, an Additional Quick 3)

Where was all this yesterday when I was trying so hard to come up with five things to say?

1.  Alaina put #2 in the potty yesterday.  The big potty.  With no prompting from me.  She asked to go tinkle in the big potty right before bed, so I set her up there and left for a minute.  All of a sudden she called out "I pooped!"  Sure enough, she did!  We were so proud of her.  She got to eat candy right before bed.  Now, she pooped in her diaper this morning, but I'm not worried.

2.  Someone hijacked our baby monitor channel.  Ours is a two channel deal; one is pretty static-y so I use the other.  Well, in the middle of the night it was making a weird noise, so I switched it to the other one and went to bed.  Today, when I tried to go back to the good channel, I heard noises.  From someone else's house.  I don't know why they were able to hijack the channel.  Seems like we were using it first.  Good thing we're moving.

3.  Did you know they have TV carts at the grocery store?  They look like the carts with the cars on the front for kids, only their a little bigger.  And have a TV built in so the kiddos can watch the tube while mom shops.  I didn't stick around to find out how much it costs to use it, because they are stationed at the customer service counter and it looks like you have to pay.  My first thought was "what the heck?"  My second was I better not knock it.  It's probably a life-saver for some moms.  I hope to see one in use some day.  Back in my day, we just had to stick with our moms and be happy.

And now we return to our regularly scheduled packing...

1 comment:

Brie said...

On the subject of tv carts...I never thought I'd use a portable DVD player, because Micah has always done really well on car trips. But he got one as a gift for his second birthday, and, let me tell you, it comes in really handy. My favorite use is to put it on the snack tray of the double stroller when we go shopping to a department store. He'll happily watch Veggie Tales while I try on clothes...whereas before, I had to deal with him kicking the fitting room walls and saying, "Mama, drive!" Not sure I'd need it in the grocery store, though, where there's plenty to look at and help with. :)